About Me

Hedgesville, West Virginia, United States
My name is Aaron Whitford and I am from Berkeley County in the Eastern Panhandle. I have 3 sisters, 8 nieces, and a nephew. FSU is my 3rd college attended in 4 years. I started out at Shepherd University, then to Garrett College my 2nd year. I have been here the last 2. I am majoring in Secondary Education to be a PE/Health teacher. I am also hoping to get a Master's in Special Education. I play baseball here at FSU. I am a pitcher, #19. Look forward to seeing you all come to our games!!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kids Zone-Day 2-IEPs

We created another graph in kids zone today. We tok information from 2 websites and had to do a little math in the process to get our numbers. We took the 3 poorest states and West Virginia from this chart. Then we took the poorest states and looked at the NAEP site to get percentages of students with IEPs. I converted the percentages to number of students based on the information on the page. I inserted this information to Kids Zone, made a bar graph, and then uploaded this to Google Docs.
I think this really covers standard number 1 in the ISTE Standards. I think we created a project that could enhance, promote, support thinking and initiative. I think it also gives students a chance to engage in real world numbers and let them explore with this tool to achieve something greater. (a graph)

We then used a crappy graphics website to create a vienn diagram. This could be used for something simple for the students to explore and be easy for them to understand. They could be imaginative and creative with this. Check out my vienn diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment